Blogs > Out of Left Field

A sometimes-irreverent look at Detroit's Boys of Summer, the Tigers, as they try to return to the top of the American League Central.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Delmon Young won’t be back Friday

While Delmon Young’s MLB-imposed seven-day suspension expires before Friday’s game, manager Jim Leyland said the outfielder won’t be in the lineup that day.

But it’s just a matter of giving him some more time to work back into the swing of things.

“He needs to get back in the routine a little, you know, out on the field, taking fly balls, BP on the field, all that kind of stuff. So it’s very unlikely he’d play Friday. Now, would I put him in the game, if I needed to? Sure. But he won’t start Friday’s game. That’s the only reason, only because he needs to get back, get some BP, run around the outfield a little bit,” Leyland said.

“I think he’ll be in there very shortly. But, like I said, I want him to get back acclimated. It’s not like he’s been off that long. I think you’ll see him in the lineup real soon, but he will not be in the lineup to start Friday.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home