Blogs > Out of Left Field

A sometimes-irreverent look at Detroit's Boys of Summer, the Tigers, as they try to return to the top of the American League Central.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Additional Tigers quotes from ALDS Game 2


There was plenty of content coming out of Game 2 of the ALDS today, but I thought I would share the quotes that didn’t quite make the cut.
In case you didn’t read my game story, or my sidebar on Al Alburquerque, just click on the links.

Don Kelly
On his thoughts heading into the bottom of the ninth inning, knowing he may have to bat with the game on the line
Even before the inning, you are thinking about what could happen. If I am managing the other team and if they get a guy on third with one out and Miggy’s coming up, I am walking both guys.
On being able to come through in the ninth
That’s been my whole career, just keep on grinding it, battling it. I was able to come through tonight.

Alex Avila
On getting the 2-0 start and if the A’s are on the ropes
It’s hard to win three in a row but we saw they knocked out arguably one of the best teams in baseball, in the Rangers. They are a good team and that would be our goal for Tuesday
On Don Kelly lifting Prince Fielder in the air following his winning sac fly
That doesn’t surprise me. Donny is sneaky strong.

Avisail Garcia
On Don Kelly’s sac fly
It’s not easy, pinch hitting. We try to do the best with what we can do. He tried to do his best and he got it. He got the hit. He works hard for that all the time.

Miguel Cabrera
On the 2-0 lead
We are in the playoffs. We gotta win every game. At home or on the road. We have to believe we can win anywhere. Right now, we are in good position. It doesn’t mean its over.
On the Tigers getting contributions from a lot of guys
We need everybody in the roster, like we did today. It’s not about one guy, it’s not about the nine starters. It’s about everyone.

Gerald Laird
On the Tigers being able to answer the scores of the A’s
This came is full momentum. When you score runs and are able to comeback and take the lead after being down, the momentum comes on your side. It’s all about momentum. I like the way we bounced back in crucial situations. It just says a lot about our team.
It feels great. We all love Donnie. He’s been up and down all year. He’s a big part of this team.

Prince Fielder
On Alburquerque kissing the ball
I have never seen that before, ever. I thought it was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home