Blogs > Out of Left Field

A sometimes-irreverent look at Detroit's Boys of Summer, the Tigers, as they try to return to the top of the American League Central.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Jhonny Peralta issues a statement on MLB suspension


Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta was suspended Monday by Major League Baseball for violations of the Joint Drug Agreement. He issued the following statement:

“In spring of 2012, I made a terrible mistake that I deeply regret. I apologize to everyone that I have hurt as a result of my mistake, including my teammates, the Tigers’ organization, the great fans in Detroit, Major League Baseball, and my family. I take full responsibility for my actions, have no excuses for my lapse in judgment and I accept my suspension.

"I love the fans, my teammates and this organization and my greatest punishment is knowing that I have let so many good people down. I promise to do everything possible to try and earn back the respect that I have lost.”

[TIGERS' STATEMENT] [MLBPA STATEMENT]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home