Tigers managerial search links
In the wee hours of the morning on Sunday, Oct. 20, the Detroit Tigers were eliminated from the American League Championship Series. Moments after the game, manager Jim Leyland told his team that he was stepping down.
A day later, on Monday, Leyland told the rest of us the same thing.
The search for his successor began immediately.
Here are links to the stories as the managerial search has unfolded:
• Tigers manager Jim Leyland steps down: 'It's time to go ... the fuel was getting a little low'
• Photo gallery of Leyland's time with the Tigers
• Handicapping the Tigers' managerial search
• Tigers begin wide-open search for new manager; Dombrowski: 'That's the goal ... to get the right person in there'
• Could Gene Lamont succeed Leyland again? 'I'd surely like to. But I don't believe I'll probably get the chance'
• Tons of viable candidates for Tigers' managerial search, but no standouts
• Tigers confirm they've interviewed inexperienced Brad Ausmus for vacant managerial job
• Tigers interview fourth managerial candidate, Padres bench coach Rick Renteria
• Reports: Tigers have settled on former catcher Brad Ausmus as next manager
• COLUMN: Hiring Ausmus may be a risk for Tigers, but it's one that could pay off handsomely
• Tigers make smart hire in Ausmus, who was 'born to manage'
• Playback of live blog from Ausmus' introductory news conference