Five key moments in the Tigers' 5-0 win over the White Sox
1. First inning >> Adam Eaton took at least a potential extra-base hit away from Torii Hunter, making a leaping catch up against the center-field wall. [VIDEO HERE]
2. Fourth inning >> After bringing home the game-winning run with a bunt Tuesday night, Bryan Holaday broke the game open with a two-run double into the left-field corner. It chased starter Hector Noesi from the game. [VIDEO HERE]
3. Third inning >> Austin Jackson nearly made a spectacular play with his arm in center field, as it was initially ruled an out at second base, when his throw appeared to beat Eaton to the bag after Gordon Beckham’s bloop single dropped right in front of Jackson. It was overturned after a 44-second review. Max Scherzer pitched around it, getting what could’ve been a double-play ball, then a strikeout of Adam Dunn.
4. Eighth inning >> Andrew Romine makes a do-or-die play to rob slugger Jose Abreu — who planted two homers in the center field shrubbery last week at Comerica — of an infield hit, charging the slow-roller, and firing on the run.
5. Ninth inning >> After watching Daniel Webb strike out both Torii Hunter and Miguel Cabrera with the bases loaded, Victor Martinez worked the right-handed reliever for a five-pitch walk, bringing in a run.