Timeline of Peralta/Biogenesis coverage
If you're having a hard time piecing together a timeline of Jhonny Peralta's involvement in MLB's investigation into the Biogenesis clinic, leading up to his suspension, along with 12 others on Monday, here are some links from the past seven months, every time the subject came up around the Detroit Tigers:
• Jhonny Peralta accepts 50-game suspension from MLB. Teammate Max Scherzer: "It’s pretty apparent how I feel towards cheaters. With Jhonny, it’s disappointing. It really is.”
• Jhonny Peralta issues a statement on his 50-game suspension. "I made a terrible mistake."
• Detroit Tigers issue a statement on Peralta's suspension.
• Major League Baseball Players' Association issues a statement on suspensions.
• Reaction from fans and media to Peralta's suspension.
FROM THE WEEKEND:
• COLUMN: The longer this Biogenesis mess drags on, the more awkward it gets — just end it already
• Hernan Perez demoted to make room for Jose Iglesias, but could be back as soon as Peralta's suspended
• Jose Iglesias doesn't mind having high standards to live up to
• VIDEO: Jose Iglesias introduced as newest member of Detroit Tigers
FROM TRADE DEADLINE WEEK:
• Jhonny Peralta on possible suspension: "It's gonna be disappointing, but there's nothing I can do."
• Tigers deal Avisail Garcia, Brayan Villarreal to get insurance at shortstop in case Peralta's suspended
• VIDEO: GM Dave Dombrowski discusses how concerns about Jhonny Peralta played into decision to trade for a shortstop
• GM Dave Dombrowski (outwardly, anyway) not concerned about middle infield depth
FROM THE RUN-UP TO THE TRADE DEADLINE
• COLUMN: Uncertainty about Peralta's situation throws variable into Tigers' trade deadline planning
FROM EARLIER IN THE SEASON
• Manager Jim Leyland has no comment (again) on latest Biogenesis news
• ESPN reports suspensions from Biogenesis are coming, Peralta has no comment on involvement
• Peralta said he never used PED's. "Anyone who says otherwise is lying."
And finally, the genesis of the Biogenesis story, the Miami New Times piece that launched the investigation.