Blogs > Out of Left Field

A sometimes-irreverent look at Detroit's Boys of Summer, the Tigers, as they try to return to the top of the American League Central.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Singing Hotdog Man thanks Tigers fans for 15 years


The Comerica Park Singing Hotdog Man has been fired. (For the full story, click here.)

"Since 1999, the final season played at Tiger Stadium, I have been selling hot dogs at Detroit Tigers games. What started as a part-time summer job quickly turned into a passion. For 15 years I have tried to provide a unique, engaging, and fun experience for everyone. The vast majority of feedback and interactions have always been positive. Fans constantly tell me that I have added to their enjoyment of the ballgame. The Detroit Tigers and Sportservice, a Delaware North Company, see it differently. After so many years I am very sorry to see this day come," Charley Marcuse said in a statement to The Oakland Press.

"I am deeply thankful to the fans for their loyalty and support. It has been an amazing experience serving you for the past 15 years. All of you are the reason I keep coming back. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home